August 31, 2011
What is the Church?
BIG IDEA: The church is the body of Jesus.
VERSE: 1 Corinthians 12:27a - Now you are the body of Christ... (ESV)
Questions to Ask Throughout the Week
1. The church is just a building. // FALSE, It’s the body of Jesus
2. The church is not just a club. // TRUE
3. The church is made up of people who belong to Jesus. // TRUE
4. The church is the body of Moses. // FALSE, It’s the body of Jesus.
5. The church is the body of Christ because Jesus lost his body. // FALSE
6. The church’s job is to do what Jesus wants it to do. // TRUE
7. The body of Jesus is made up of many parts. // TRUE
8. The parts of the body of Christ don’t need each other. // FALSE, They do need each other.
9. Today’s Bible verse is “1 Corinthians 12:27a - Now you are the body of Christ... // TRUE
10. Kids can’t be a part of the body of Jesus. // FALSE
Lesson | Resources