November 4, 2012

OT 58 David and Bathsheba


Reference: 2 Samuel 11-12

Big Idea: God took away our sin and gave it to Jesus.

Verse: Psalm 51:3-4 - For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned... (ESV)

Motions for the Big Idea:
God - point up
Took - pretend to reach out and snatch something away
Sin - two thumbs down
Gave - cup your hands and gesture away from you
Jesus - form a cross with your forearms

Motions for the Verse:
Know - tap your temple
Transgressions - two thumbs down
Sin - two thumbs down
Before me - hold your arms out straight in front of you, palms facing away
You - point up
Only - make an “O” with your hands above your head
Sinned - two thumbs down

Questions to Ask Throughout the Week

  • What was the name of the beautiful woman King David saw? (Bathsheba.)
  • What was the name of Bathsheba’s husband? (Uriah.)
  • Why was it wrong for David to make Bathsheba his wife? (Both he and she were already married.)
  • What did David do to Uriah? (Left him alone in a battle to die.)
  • Name one of the 10 Commandments that David broke. (Adultery, murder.)
  • Name the other of the 10 Commandments that David broke. (See previous.)
  • Who did God send to David to tell him that he sinned? (The prophet Nathan.)
  • God took David’s sin away. Who did he give it to? (Jesus.)
  • What is today’s big idea? (God took away our sin and gave it to Jesus.)
  • What is today’s Bible verse? (Psalm 51:3-4 - For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned...

Google Docs Links:
Lesson | Resources

No comments: