September 11, 2011
Reference: Genesis 41:1-40
Big Idea: Don’t worry, God knows the future.
Verse: Jeremiah 29:11a- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord... (ESV)
Questions to Ask Throughout the Week:
- Who was Pharaoh? // The king of Egypt
- How many dreams did Pharaoh have? // Two
- What kind of animal was in Pharaoh’s first dream? // Cow
- Describe Pharaoh’s first dream. // Seven sickly cows ate seven fat cows
- Describe Pharaoh’s second dream. // Seven sickly heads of grain ate seven fat heads of grain
- What did Pharaoh ask his people to do after he had his dream? // Tell him what it meant.
- Who told Pharaoh about Joseph? // The wine taster
- Why was Joseph able to tell Pharaoh what his dream meant? // Because God helped him.
- What did Pharaoh’s dreams mean? // There would be seven good years then seven bad years
- What did Joseph tell Pharaoh to do? // Find someone to save the food during the good years
- Who did Pharaoh put in charge of the food? // Joseph
- What is today’s big idea? // Don’t worry, God knows the future.
- What are some things we can do instead of worry? // Pray, read our Bibles
- What is today’s Bible verse? // Jeremiah 29:11a- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord...
Lesson | Resources
Master Lesson List