Passage: Genesis 25:19-26
Big Idea: God’s words are true.
Verse: 2 Samuel 7:28 - And now, O Lord God, you are God, and your words are true... (ESV)
Questions to Ask Throughout the Week
1. Name a person in today’s story. // Isaac, Rebekah, Esau, Jacob, Abraham, Sarah
2. What was Isaac’s wife name? // Rebekah
3. What was God’s promise to Abraham? // His family would become a great nation.
4. What problem did Rebekah have? // She couldn’t have children.
5. What did Isaac do to get Rebekah help? // He prayed to God for her.
6. What were the babies doing inside of her belly? // Struggling against one another.
7. What did God tell Rebekah about the babies in her belly? // They will become two nations.
8. What was the first baby’s name? // Esau
9. What was the second baby’s name? // Jacob
10. What was Esau like? // Red and hairy.
11. What was Jacob doing when he was born? // Grabbing Esau’s heel.
12. Did God keep his promise to Abraham? // Yes, he did.
13. What is today’s big idea? // God’s words are true.
14. What is today’s Bible verse? // 2 Samuel 7:28 - And now, O Lord God, you are God, and your words are true...